Who needs a Recreational Skipper’s Ticket?
If you want to drive a motor vessel powered by a motor over 6 horsepower in WA, you're going to need a Recreational Skippers Ticket (RST).

There must be at least one person on the vessel at all times that holds a RST. This doesn't mean that they must be at the wheel the whole time but it does mean they are responsible for what happens on the vessel during the course of the voyage. 

Northport Marine offers a full boat competency course. 

Frank Pisani heads up our course structure with over 25 years experience in Volunteer Sea Rescue in some of the busiest waterways in Australia.

Upon successful completion of the course you will be issued with an interim certificate so that you can get out on the water right away.


How long does it take? 
8am to 4pm on Saturday. 
All equipment is supplied including vessel and the practical component is conducted in Rous Harbour itself.

For class dates and prices, please contact us on 08 9430 7623.